21 September 2017

Valerian and the city of a thousand planets and a little blonde mouse.

As most of you know, Ken LOVES seeing movies! So we had to figure out which movie we wanted to see, if it was in English(most movies shown here are actually shown in the original filmed language, but, we learned that if it is a French theater, they dub the whole movie in French with no subtitles) 
We did find that Valerian and the Thousand Planets was being shown at 8:30 in English, so we picked that one!
We had time to eat dinner so we used Google and found an AMAZING Thai food restaurant called Som Tam, with great reviews so we went there first.
Ken said it was the best curry he has ever had.....
And I have to concur, it was the best Pad Thai I have ever tasted as well!

On to the movie! Not very crowded, It started out with us choosing seats about half way up the theater. Not bad seats really, we had our choice since there were not many other movie goers. Then, out of the corner of my left eye. I sighted a little blonde mouse who literally jumped when I gasped as I saw him. He was investigating for dropped popcorn before the previews of course, except we just ate dinner, so had no popcorn! Now, I usually am not so bothered by rodents big or small, but this little blonde mouse would not leave us alone!! And then the lights went out...................
At one point of the movie- pretty close to the middle I would say, the mouse was actually on the back of my seat, and I felt it on my arm!! I jumped up(and luckily did not scream) and we had to move closer to the front of the theater. I admit it was disconcerting because it was dark and I knew he was there, yet could not see him!! Pretty sure we lost him on the next unsuspecting souls that were sitting in front of us, now behind our ahem, new seats.

They had popcorn. Here's to hoping our next movie does not have the added feature of a mouse!

A few more photos of the Atomium lit up at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment