22 August 2011

Day 22 the national gallery

Today we went to the national gallery, and boy was there a lot of art there!!! Claude Monet, Christian Krohg, Pablo Picaso, Johan Christian Dahl. It was mind blowing, or maybe it was just the fact that they don't have any fresh air in there so the air circulation does not hurt the ancient paintings.

At one point I thought I was going to pass out if I didn't get any fresh air!

And they don't allow you to bring bags/backpacks in(really has anyone tried fitting a painting into their pack in the past?) I forgot my camera in my bag that I had just put into a locker, which once you pay the 10 kroner fee I thought would only open once...... And I didn't want to pay 10 kroner just to get the Darn thing. So sadly, no pictures from my camera today. And it turns out, I got my 10 kroner back after all.......sigh. At least aunt Kat got some photos today.

Even if I had the camera, the only piece that I wanted my picture taken in front of was The Scream, by Edvard Munch. I have been practicing my "scream" face for weeks! Turns out, that is the only room you are NOT allowed to take pics in...... Don't worry this was taken in the souvenirs shop haha! Hmm....photoshop when I get home....


Raining hard here in Oslo today, so off to do some last minute souvenir shopping and dashing through the big juicy raindrops!!

- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Oslo, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment