13 August 2011

Day 13

Bergen, the city of waterfront wooden houses!


Doesn't this look a lot like southeast Alaska? *smile* I really REALLY like it here!


And something else I really like about Norway as well, is the amount of art (or aka statues that you are allowed to climb on) around nearly every town that we have visited!





By climbing on I mean like this:


We went to the fish market today and sampled smoked whale! At the next booth I asked the woman what kind of salmon she was selling....."it's salmon!" she tells me.

I should have smiled at her and walked away, but what can I say, I like to brag about my home state, I hope she learned her lesson well today that there is more than 1 type of salmon in this world!

Sadly I forgot to take any pictures of the Fisk market so I will try to get some tomorrow. But here is a sign for a hairdresser that we walk by every day. Love the philosophy!


Still relatively nice weather for us, though we are finding we are wearing more of our clothing. Phew, so glad we didn't ditch it on Oslo when it was so hot!

- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Bergen, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment