06 May 2011

Problemer med passord

Does anyone else have an issue with their passwords for online sites?

It just irks me when I attempt to log into a site and it says the password does not match the login name....... Then you ask for password help, enter in your secret question and it will then "allow" you to create a "new" password. Only, the usual password you enter in is not allowed because it must be between 6 and 12 characters with at least 1 letter and 1 number. And they also tell you when it's not "strong" enough. UM, HELLO!? Why is it so difficult for a site to realize that because they have these rules in place is specifically why I cannot remember my last password???! Then they lock you out of your own account for too many attempts trying to access your username/password. Sigh.

Then I have numerous sites I log onto on a semi regular basis that all have separate rules for what is appropriate for each and every password. Can I not just pick one password and make it easy? Nope. Not a chance, and they want you to change said password every 6 months so there is less chance for hackers to access your stuff.

I think I will start to use Norwegian words as my passwords, then only Norwegian hackers can access my stuff. Language learning is going okay, need some conversation to practice what I'm learning and I've memorized a few sentences to which I have no clue to what they mean (hope they are not offensive) the really exciting thing I learned this week is how to say "jeg er diabetiker" which of course means I am diabetic in Norsk! (tho this is pronounced a bit differently than it is spelled....) so in my opinion I seem to be making some kind of progress!

Ha det bra!!
(goodbye or have a good time)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment