09 May 2011

Assassination attempt by sugar:

Yes, you read correctly, this weekend there was an attempt on my life via a flying flaming marshmallow. Strange, you think? Yes, but only if you have never been to an Alaskan bonfire where s'mores are part of our 7 course Alaskan style BBQ menu (eat your heart out stereotypical etiquette buffs) well, I was not eating the s'mores as they don't go so well with the whole- "I don't eat sugar thing....."

So there I sit soaking of up the rays of our proverbial sea of flame when another of the party goer decides he is going to reenact a play from, I dunno like somewhere in Babe Ruth's history, heck I don't know anything about baseball, what am I trying to get at is that he then decides he is going to pretend to hit a home run, only he happens to have a ember-like marshmallow on the end of his "bat" This hot marshmallow somehow grows some wings and hones in on me, about 10 feet away, and splats onto the side of my purple zip up. Where it then proceeds to combust into sugary luminosity. Yes, it then caught on fire. On me. I was not too happy a camper, especially as my purple zip up IS one of my absolute favorites!

It just so happens I recently purchased a Norse amulet on eBay. I'm not so sure this pendant is supposed to bring "luck," but, luckily someone else jumped up at the same time I did......and swatted it out.

This "amulet" is supposed to protect me from evil; but I suppose if my evil comes through the form of a flying sugary ball of fire, I can find a way to deal with it. I know there could be worse. Be safe and please think twice before throwing a flaming marshmallow at a diabetic ;)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. So glad you weren't injured Kate. Btw, cool amulet! See ya soon!

    Aunt d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for you to tell me in landed in your mouth and were forced to eat it.

    ReplyDelete