29 March 2010

Santorini 3/29/2010

OMG another EPIC day in Santorini! Began with trying to take a tour to the volcano but the seas were rough and it ended up being canceled. Had to trek back up 512 meter long "steps" Could have taken a donkey up, but felt I needed some exercise with 2 traveling companions I met up with for the day, they felt likewise, but then we almost got crushed by the donkeys when they came back down......

Had souvlaki for lunch (Greek fast food in a pita), hit 3 museums(which are free on sundays) and hopped the bus to Ia, the northern most town of the island. We timed it so we could watch the sun set, but what we didnt realize....was that today was the time change.....and the last bus goes back-er- kinda now....Except, wait a second, here enters Phillip. Hello Phillip! Phillip is from California and has rented a 4 wheeler for the past 2 days and is now offering me a ride back to Fira via his ATV. Really? Sorry people I came up here with- I cant pass this offer up!

I watch the sun set over the northern most point on the island with a fun group of people. Then had an amazing cliff hugging ride directly back to the place I am staying. (Sorry dad, was very safe I assure you)

What in the world will tomorrow bring?!
I miss everyone (I really really do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment