27 March 2010

Santorini 3/28/2010

Hello hello!

So yesterday I was on a bus with the gal I was traveling with, and we were leaving Paros (beautiful place) and we are sitting there, looking at an older gentleman in a suit, neat, tidy, nice old fashioned hat, and nothing less than: ray ban sunglasses. Modern Greece for sure!! I almost expected him to pull out a cell phone as well.

A local (Yiannis, from couchsurfing) gave me a lift in his car from the ferry landing, found me a cheap room and said he would come back to get me in an hour.... I should have known he was trading in his wheels- I just had the most beautiful moped ride of my life on the Island of Santorini!!! Wish I could post pictures.....but alas, the cord for the camera is in Sitka!

Healthy, happy and safe!

More soon!

4 comments:

  1. cliche' nightmare to a parent... !
    Mediterranean dude with my daughter on the backseat ! --
    anyway, I awoke this am to rain so hard on the roof I thought a water pipe had burst under the house ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. how long are you traveling alone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been meeting up with people along the way, mostly via couchsurfing, but otherwise am traveling alone the whole journey!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're fitting right in with the locals! Without your camera cord...I hope that doesn't mean we won't see any pictures?
    Keep having fun!
    Love, Aunt D~:)

    ReplyDelete