12 January 2018

Reykjavik sweater shopping

27 September 2017

Today on our last day traveling, our main goal is to sweater hunt. Most sweaters here go for $200+ US Dollars so looking for one second hand is the way to go. The material (most are made from sheep wool) and the tight weave and beautiful patterns make Icelandic sweaters comfortable and highly prized, and there are so many to choose from here!! I'm specifically looking for one that zips up with a hood!!

So off we go!!




Below is a photo of the Eve monument(if you are a gamer you will know what this is) if you are not a gamer you may have to look it up, I myself am NOT a gamer- so I don't get it. It was just a point to find on the map :)
A quick stop for pizza in the middle of our sweater shopping!! The slices are HUGE!!! And the water was free so we totally got comfortable with the workers there, and to stay hydrated after the cheesy pizza of course!

And although I did find a sweater that zipped AND had a hood; I gave it to Ken because I found 2 other amazing sweaters(that fit me better) only this way I can always steal Kens when I want to wear one with a hood ;) So really does this mean I ended up with 3 sweaters!!???? Time will tell!!

Street art abounds in Reykjavik, and we only got a small glimpse of it in the amount of time we where here!! And so does Ken's "dream" car, below.......


Yup, if Ken could fit a car in his luggage I'm pretty sure this one would be coming home with us! Put it down Ken, we are just sweater shopping today!!!!









Icelandic lobster. Good, but not as good as the Pacific Northwest, hey I gotta be honest. I am spoiled living in Alaska with all seafood we are fortunate to eat! The soup it was in was buttery and delicious!!



Up way way way too early so we can fuel the rental car up before we return it; only to find the fuel station does not open until 7am. Breakfast in the car while waiting. Sigh.

Home here we come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment