25 January 2009

conversations that fortune cookies must hear

This may be a fluke but the last couple times Ive been in the Chinese restaurant here my fortune cookie has been freaking me out!!!

Seriously, have you ever gotten 3 fortunes in a row of eating at the same place? And then a 4th one out of sequence but still basically reiterating the same message of the previous encounters. Is it fate? Is it someone standing in the kitchen laughing their butt off at the quizzical expression plastered to your face? Is it a conspiracy? Or do fortune cookies really know things they are not telling us right up front.

Instead they have to hide all these ulterior meanings in crispy little white banner like sayings that you can alter depending on the tone of your mood, if you are feeling serious you can read your fortune with "at work" behind it, or if you are rather feeling a little frisky you can add "in bed" behind the saying (really now admit it we have ALL done this)

Or how about the hypothesis about eating your cookie and saving your fortune if you want it to come true. If it is true and you leave your fortune behind and do not consume the cookie will you have no luck in your favor?

If that is so then my brother and I had no fortunes when we were small. In fact when the older chinese restaurant used to operate in the little cubby hole where this place now resides Im sure they found lots of fortunes when they moved out...... we used to think it was too much fun while the owner (and our mom) was not paying attention to stick our fortunes into the backrests of the overlapping vinyl red cushions that served as the seats. We still ate our cookies though, so maybe luck didnt abandon us entirely.

I'll bet you are wondering what exactly those fortunes read? Well I can tell you because I carry them with me in my wallet. So I can look at them everyday to remind me that things like this do happen. And they can be eerily correct in a very round about way.

#1 you will soon vacation in a place of cool climate
#2 make time for a relaxing vacation
#3 need some adventure and enjoyment? take a vacation

Im not kidding! And last (but not least)

#4 traveling at this time would be a good investment of time & money

Seriously if you doubt me just ask to see my fortunes in my wallet its all spelled out for me! Oh by the way......Im going to Norway in September! Skal!!! (Cheers!)

1 comment:

  1. No need! I was there 2-3 times when you got these fortunes....I soooo need a VACATION! Mine always turn up mushy...which clearly is uncorrect at this time...although I am do to have chinese sometime soon;) wanna join and give me luck? lol:p

    ReplyDelete