19 March 2011

Brain reformating begins.....

How important exactly is it to know the language of a country you desire to visit?!

In my current quest of Norway I have been doing lotsa fun research. Research that is revealing that having a basic understanding of a language (especially in a Nordic country)will get you farther with the hard headed people of that region. (I am 1/4th Norwegian so I hope I do not offend any one nationality with the previous sentence....)

Sigh, the cities speak English but once you wander outside to the smaller towns and farm steads I think it will come in handy at least to know the basics!

Which is why I have also decided I am going to learn the Norwegian Language. Let me rephrase that....I am going to TRY to learn SOME Norwegian language. I have books, a dictionary, a great learning tool on the internet that teaches you 10 words a day. The only problem is, I have been thinking about learning Norwegian for about 3 months now.....and all I know how to say is uffda (which I picked up as a child anyhow) and himmel, which means sky.

NOTHING ELSE WILL STICK IN MY BRAIN!!!!

As of last week I am sure we are going (as me and my aunt purchaesed our tickets to OSLO!!!) So, no turning back now!!

Now I am more determined than ever to learn as much as I can in less than 5 months, gah when I actually type the length of time I have left it looks a bit....um, gulp.

So I bought some tapes and uploaded an application on my ipad (which has a flirting section in it as well *grin* what, everyone needs to know how to learn to flirt in Norwegian, right?!!)

And I ordered a subliminal CD which consists of 6 classical songs that apparantly have Norwegian learning basics laced through them. I patiently sit and listen to it on a nightly basis and shall get back to you with my final conclusion on "if" it works. God I hope Im not being brainwashed.

To be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment