10 July 2011

Aerophobia..... or is it?

Aerophobia: a fear of flying.

But research is proving that there are many "phobias" that fit into this category and I am learning about myself that I am totally a combo! (For those of you who dont know me really well I tend to get some anxiety before *and embarrassingly at times* during flights) There is such a thing as aeronausiphobia: fear of embarrassing onself via vomiting/panic attacks. Sigh. So many phobias, so little time......

Im not entirely scared of flying/planes. It surely has something to do with being a bit claustrophobic; but only where other people are involved!

For example: I am not claustrophobic in elevators, tiny rooms, confined boat cabins....unless these places happen to be occupied by many people...and I mean a lot of other people. 3 other people in an elevator is not going to stress me out, well, actually I take the stairs ALL the time so maybe this is not a very good example(maybe I better test that out)!!!! Long story short I suppose I sort of have a small side of anthrophobia in social situations too, which does not help flying anxieties any.

*acrophobia- fear of heights
*agoraphobia- fear of open spaces
*anthropophobia- fear of people
*claustrophobia - fear of enclosed spaces

Good thing I do not have enetophobia: fear of needles!

As for the update for the high school reunion, which ALSO fits into the social phobia category, I chose not to attend. For many reasons. And I do not regret that I didnt go. The end. (haha still analyzing this one....)

As for Norway....16 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did I mention to Aunt Kat about my flying anxiety?!

No comments:

Post a Comment