19 January 2015

Australia: 2013 revisited!


Hello!!!

       And welcome back!! (or at least to me) I haven't blog-enlightened you regularly for a while- almost 2 years!!! Please excuse my extended absence. Here is where I intend to catch up!!

       Honestly, I regret NOT recording/writing while traveling as I normally do, as some of my memories of this trip are slowly drifting. Not to worry, they are still intact. Especially since my handy dandy travel partner- aka Ken- also has a fantastic memory for all those little details, so we can piece our experiences together. Not to forget to mention his memory especially of every single rare car that he saw throughout these next 4 weeks. We spent our time in 5 different states while visiting the great land of Australia 2013!!! A revisit for me- but a new place to explore for Ken!!
  
    I (with some crucial aide from Ken) will cover these 4 weeks one-by-one over the next few months. I intend to put a blog out every other week or so, and though the posted dates will be a little "off," the dates within the posts will be dated as close to or on the dates that the post/event/travel took place! 

       Though I myself have been to Australia once before(winter 2004/2005); this is the first trip not only out of the country for Ken, but that Ken and I took as an official "couple." With the clear communication that expectations would be low(as any travel can be stressful and difficult even with friends traveling together in the best of circumstances) and that we were just going to enjoy each others company and we would thoroughly investigate this "test" once we got back home and see if there could be a future in this "relationship thing."



        Needless to say(pretend as though it were not 2 years later...) Turns out our personalities travel almost "too well" together. I am more than blessed to have this playful, sincere, well balanced love enter into my life. I would travel to the ends of the earth for this guy- and with this guy :)

       Whats more is that my family loves him- and the same goes out to his family who are irreplaceable souls in both of our lives!!!
 
 
       Besides, its not often you get to experience a        first timer on a big airliner-
                 "They gave me my own remote- MY VERY OWN!!!"







            A very impressive plane indeed, not only our very own movie channels, games, route tracker and how many miles flown/remaining, but this particular aircraft actually had a camera off the back of the aircraft- wow!!

       Only, for those of you that have read any of my blogs before.... may remember that I am not a huge fan of flying, so I didn't look much at said camera during travel. Instead I try to use this time to unwind, catch up on book reading, and sleep- if I can :(

      Ken stayed up most of the flight watching 3.5 hours of top gear, 4 full length movies and the remainder of the time playing video games :)







                     Yes, I do believe there will be more travels to come in our future!!

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you are writing again!! Love to read about your adventures!! Robin

    ReplyDelete