14 June 2013

My very first visitor!!!

Its true, I had my very first visitor last week.

But..... its probably NOT who you would think!

A mischievous type of visitor in fact. I walk down my new hallway into my empty extra room only to find.... "It smells like urine in here!!!!" Excessively. I turn and look at the dog. Who looks at me as if saying, "my pee doesn't smell this bad biped mom."

I walk outside and look about my yard surrounding my house. Well, look at that- something has been digging under my foundation! I feel like goldilocks has been present. In fact there are many 6"- 1' gaps all around. Tunnels. It had dug and sprayed and ripped out insullation under my floor!!

Whatever is visiting me this week is NOT welcome!! So here I go off to collect some rocks!! I block off the gaps as best as I can.

Then, a couple hundred bucks later I'm shoveling bucket fulls of gravel between the cracks of the rocks. No way in or out now, looking good! Now I just hope whatever critter visited isn't stuck under there!!
My coworker identified some poo, turns out it was a (cute) pesky mink. No goldilocks at all. On a side note I am 200 feet above sea level, but, it is not uncommon for mink to travel far and wide in their territory(especially if there is a food source). The neighbor has poultry, and though I did warn her of the one had recently been around, she happily reported no unusual activity.

I must admit I did resort to putting a trap under my crawl space, but of course didnt want to cause it harm so I was happy to find I caught nothing after a few days ;)

Update: critter has not revisited, at least if it has, it didnt stick around= success!!!
 
Now onto hosting my next "real" visitors! Ones that are welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment