07 August 2011

Day 7 the Petraborg farm

We picked sun kissed raspberries today!!!!


Amazingly we picked these delicious berries on a track of land that goes by the name of: Petraborg farm in Vestfossen, Norway.


Wow, where to start with this day....the raspberries are a start, but the story goes that there were 2 brothers who married 2 sisters from a nearby farm by the name of Fossesholm and they lived on this land and split it between them. The house, the fields, everything.

One of the sisters name was Petranella. In Norway, Borg is a castle or more similar to a type of fortress. From this place, the rest of the Petraborgs were born.

I cannot put into words on a blog exactly how amazing it was to physically "see" the beginnings of the Petraborg name! Especially when you see raspberry and strawberry fields galore! Wow!!


Can you see Aunt Kat picking(eating) raspberries!?

We met family today!!!!! I cannot believe how many Petraborgs are currently living in Norway at this time! We had a small reunion where they took us around, fed us and joked with us- it definitely felt like family!!!

Then they tried a little matchmaking, in setting me up with a man who was born the same year as I, except, he is a relation to me!!!! 4th or 8th cousin, people, I don't care it's still a COUSIN!!!!! Aunt Kat has a blackmail photo that I'm sure will crop up any day here.......

They spoiled us here in Vestfossen, so much that I know for sure that someday I wish to come back!


- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Vestfossen

1 comment: