10 August 2011

Day 10 Flamsbanen

MY FIRST TIME ON A TRAIN!!!! WWHHEEEEEE!!!!


That's right, I have never taken a train ride (subways and airport connections do not count)


The Flamsbanen train ride is one of the most magnificent in the world! I would agree, except it was built and opened in the 1940's and I would dare to say that the brakes are darn near as old as it has been open; it was SO squeaky and uncomfortably high pitched that after a while it hurts your brain.

My brain hurts just thinking about it.








We were warned ahead of time of the "huldra" a mythological creature that lures men to her and the only way they can break free is to make her fall in love with them.


We got lost in Flam. This town is smaller than downtown Sitka, how in the heck did we get lost in Flam!!! Well for one thing, it does not help that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING has the same address! And map quest has for the first time let me down, it said to go one way(out of 2 frickin options) and it gave me the wrong one!

But eventually found our way(the scenic route) but missed out on the grocery store as it had shorter hours and closed at 5pm on Sunday! So no breakfast for us?!

Silly enough the souvenir shops were open until well after 9pm though, perhaps we were bored(or maybe hungry?) as we found ourselves buying a few little items. Ahem, I fell in love with a book called trolls and their relatives... And now must carry it in my already heavy enough bag....

But we found a few little snacks to tide us over at least til the store opens at 8am.

Good night!

- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Flam, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment