23 August 2011

Insta-friend

Today on the couchsurfing website there is a local party/meet up. The directions were to meet at 16:00 in Viggeland park (yay i get to go to Viggeland again!!!!!!!)at the "ugly" statue. Um.....what is classified as the ugly statue?! And do you know just how many statues there are in that particular park?!?!?!? And I personally think they are all extremely beautiful.... But maybe because our only statue in my home town is a seagull poo and algae covered gold miner in front of the old folks home(okay I really like our dear one and only statue, I cant lie)






























I really really cant get enough of this park!!!!!

And after spending a good deal of time wearing out the battery on my camera.....by the time I actually located the right piece of art(I had to call on another local cser to give me better directions) I didnt even actually get a picture of this so called "ugly" statue! (it was just a local being sarcastic) it was a perfectly normal artistic sculpture!

And so I found myself at an impromptu BBQ/beer drinking/music crashing/party! Really, there were all sorts of fellow csers there and once again this website is amazing at bringing people together! Insta-friends(just add beer)!!!

After taking pictures and lounging in the gorgeous sunshine and telling travel stories we jumped on a trolley and headed to a place were there was music with the intentions of sneaking in for free....turns out it WAS for free, as part of the Oslo jazz festival, that just happens to be going on right NOW!!

A very full day, I think I will sleep in tomorrow, I am on vacation after all ;)

Sorry I STILL can't get my picasa uploader to put any pics up on the Internet, I'll keep taking em though, so keep checking that picasa link ;)

- Posted using BlogPress

Location:Oslo, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment