10 January 2011

I was born this way

Mae West said it best: "Im single because I was born that way."

I dont mind people asking if I have a boyfriend, I will even usually give them an honest answer.

I only slightly mind when people are trying to hook me up with "a really really really nice guy." Really? Why is he single- or better yet; why dont you date him then?!

What I DO mind, is when through the grapevine, someones friends, brothers, friends nephew; asks about me but will not talk to me in person. I find out this sort of entertaining information from an older gentleman that is also a friend of my fathers. Then I am told by the same man: "To stop being scary to the young men your age"

Really? Am I scary? Yes, I suppose so. I like knowing who these guys are in order to find out more about them, if I dont likey- yes its in my best interest to use scare tactics to get myself (as quickly and painlessly) away.

Darn grapevine anyway. Why is it not so normal NOT to be in a relationship? A big percentage of the relationships out there are unhealthy anyhow. I am learning that I am not so attracted to the guys who are interested and come after me, so I suppose I am also learning how to go after the guys I want to get to know. And thats a serious challenge for me. So Im waiting. Waiting for the right situation. Waiting for the right guy. Just waiting. But dont worry Im also learning how to jump!!!

Dont assume Im not enjoying the wait either!
Im learning to speak out, just like Mae! She had some
pretty good quotes, here are a few of my favorites:

"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
Mae West

"Don't keep a man guessing too long - he's sure to find the answer somewhere else"
Mae West

"It is better to be looked over than overlooked."
Mae West

"I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing."
Mae West

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Mae West

Lets go dancing Mae!! Wheeeeee!!!!
Its my birthday week! Happy birthday to meeeee!!!



1 comment:

  1. Love your post! After several wrong turns on the relationship road, I finally met my perfect guy in later life. No, he's not perfect, but he's perfect for me and I'm glad I waited for him. Take it from an 'old' gal, it's worth not settling for just anyone. :))

    ReplyDelete