09 October 2010

Alaskan update

Soooo, just a little update to the peeps following this Alaskan episode in hilarious endeavors....because , really, what would you be doing online if not to follow my frustrations?

I mean- ahem- Im a bit frazzled with my results so far. It looks... okay. And I was on a roll the first couple days, had some pretty good ideas (some that I had to undo thanks to "expert" advice from a wonderful sewfully skilled friend)

But now Im....... stuck. Our local crafts store has run out of the ball fringe I decided to use to embellish my dress. I got rude(really, imagine that, me?) when they told me it would take 3 weeks to get more ball fringe in...!!

I left the store, pondered my options, since I had already put on the other half of the fringe onto the back of the skirt so therefore came to the conclusion that I NEED this damn fringe. I then tromp back to the store, buy white ball fringe and a box of black dye. (If you didnt guess I need black)

Fun with dye..... and hours later, I rinse the material and...

it didnt work!!!!!

I now have a pretty gray color though.....
The material was not as much cotton as I hoped it would be, this science experiment was truly a synthetic flop.

So off I frolic (can you tell im having too much fun) to our hardware store, and proceed to buy what I hope will turn my fringe black?

I reach the counter and the man asks me if I have found everything I was looking for today?

"Erm, kinda" I say with an enormous sigh that results in me deftly explaining to him my ordeal, by the time I leave the store I have 4 male clerks laughing at my antics (dont worry Im laughing as well as I have just bought black craft paint.....sigh) and rush home between the raindrops so I can spray it outside before another down pour begins (it is October and wet out here as is usual)

Sigh

T minus 6 days to get this dress in wearable order! Sorry no pictures as my computer is being difficult (or maybe Its me being difficult?!) and plus I cant spoil the end results!

Off to the sweat factory for me again at the moment!! Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Try black shoe polish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha too funny, thats what gramma said- black shoe polish! Will it bleed onto the fabric is my question though......?

    ReplyDelete