01 May 2010

Bring on the spring

Allergies affect so many people on a day to day basis. Many do not even know they are affected, and I can sneeze why; allergens are minuscule terrors that float unseen on the breeze.

I wake up some mornings in the spring time with symptoms that make me think I may be coming down with a cold. I rub my eyes, and blow my nose- but my symptoms never develop into anything. Sometimes for weeks before I realize I can solve this blundering idioc haze with a little blue pill called Benedryl. But I dont like solving anything via pill, isnt there a better naturopathic solution?

I read somewhere recently that honey is a natural allergen reducer. As is goldenseal and grape seed extract, but you must get it in a pure form. Of course eating correctly in the first place helps a great deal, there are many foods which produce nutrients that block the histamines that affect our nasal passages.

If pollen or weed allergies affects you there are also foods you should avoid including: cucumber, banana, chamomile and ANY herbal supplements containing echinacea. As they can make your allergy symptoms worse(says webmd.com) Okay I am done ranting about health problems for now!

I am lucky that I only get seasonal allergies, and they really are not that horrible (sniff, sniff, ACHOO) but as many allergies are caused by dirt, mold and animal dander, the best way to begin preventing allergies is to have a clean home. And isnt that exactly what spring cleaning is for?!! Spring is here- YAY FOR SPRING TIME!!

On another note, I went to a potluck this weekend and someone stole my shoes!!! Okay it was probably not their fault since I had the exact same brand of shoes and it was a party with alcohol involved, but really, cant you tell if you are wearing YOUR shoes or not? They were the exact same size, but mine were a heck of a lot dirtier and older than the ones that were left behind (which I wore home, how else was I supposed to get around) So morally, if my shoes are the older gross pair, should I try to track down whoever now has my smelly/dirty old pair? There were a lot of people (about 40) at the party and most of whom I didnt really know. Now I feel kinda bad and for the next few weeks Im sure I am going to be checking everybodys footwear.

Get outside and enjoy your spring!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful I don't have allergies. Here's wishing you a minimum number of sneezures this spring.

    ReplyDelete