19 March 2010

Seattle 3/19/2010

Friday March 19, 2010

Okay, so we are going to try something here, and by we I mean me. Instead of sending out copy and past emails to everyone who is wondering exactly where I am, how I am doing, and what I am eating: this is where you will find it.

One thing before we begin though.....I WILL NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS EVERYDAY. Or even every week. It really does depend on holiday/store hours/and island internet availability.

Okay, now that that is said, I spent the last 2 days in Seattle with Terri, riding busses, eating yummy indian food, attempting to find a reasonably priced phone plan that will not cost me an arm and a leg- I would like to come back to Alaska with BOTH my arms and my legs thank you (tee hee, Ive used that line 3 times at 4 different ATT stores and its been a hit every time!) Why 4 ATT stores you ask? Well because in order to get my phone unlocked I have to go to the "corporate" store and show them photo ID. Since we have already confirmed I am no good at riding busses, I am quite pleased to say I found 3 of those locations fairly easily. (Terri took me to the last, and final, corporate office) Mission completed, phone is unlocked, but now I have to find a SIM card in Greece on one of their many unpronounceable local networks. So no phone for a few days, unless its an emergency, and that will probably cost a toe or two.

Tomorrow at 10:45am I arrive at the Seattle international corridor to be herded like livestock through customs. Do you think they will quench our thirst after this long tedious drive- darn there they go confinsgating all my liquids.

More soon,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment