27 June 2008

Love is exceptional

I am at a cross road.
What do I want, I ask myself.
I am lonely. I want companionship.
But I do not want to feel stuck. Or hopeless. Or desperate. Or be unhappy.
So I continue to push love away.
For fear.
For fear of getting hurt.
For fear of hurting someone else.
It has never been worth it to me to grasp onto a relationship long enough to make something out of it.
I have been in love.
But I let that go out of fear as well.
Pity to me. Is that how I plan to live life.

I am alive. I am determined. I am confidant. I am a powerful spirit. I am intelligent. I am outspoken. I am passionate. I know what I want.
In everything except love.
How did I turn love into an exception?
Love should not be an exception. There should always be an exception for love.

Love is exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment